Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Proselotismo


One month down! Two more weeks in the CCM. Lots and lots to do. So much class. My companion from Connecticut moved to the new Latino group and now I'm in a trio with some short Elders. They have a fruit called granadilla which is the same as what Sis. DeFreese had. They look terrible but tasty. On Saturday they took half the missionaries to certain missions. Half went to Lima Central and my half went to Lima East. The city I was in was called Manchay. I got paired up with a Mexican who had been out for eighteen months and another Elder from the CCM whose name was Elder Encarnacíon. 

They were awesome. We taught several people just from contacting. We met a man named Julio and he lived with his sister, but his sister wasn't there. He had never been baptized and never heard of our church. I got to talk about the Priesthood and Jesus Christ and bear testimony! It was so easy in Spanish. We even got a baptism date! There were many other lessons with people, we invited about 20 people to church! The area was up a mountain with the church building at the top. Then the whole city was in a valley like Utah. The roads were dirt so the air was a bit dusty. Loved the area though, besides the innumerable amount of dogs. 

The people were great and very easy for me to understand. We had fast Sunday from lunch to lunch, the first time I've been hungry down here. The portions of rice is too much, it's like a whole cup with a little chicken wing. Everything is going great down here. Ready to get out there and teach. Only two more weeks to bear! Love you all, don't have too much fun without me!   

No comments:

Post a Comment