Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Soy Peruano

 We started out the week with some FHE, and my comp made tacos. Mexico right. We had them Monday and Tuesday. The Peruvians were sweating like crazy! It's hard to find stuff that is spicy here. They're a delicate people. But we also had an FHE in the house we live about the Spirit and how it guides us. But the whole time, the members across the street were blasting music. But then we had banana splits which made up for it. Those members sure love to play their music everyday though, it makes planning tough. And the other thing that makes it tough is when the power goes out. It's a good thing I brought a little lantern.

My investigator that crashed his motorcycle healed like crazy. There is no doubt that the blessing we gave him helped him recover. But he is still riding his motorcycle. I always say he should sell it and get a car, but he doesn't want any of that.

On Friday, we had a Movie Night. We invited everyone we could to watch Meet the Mormons. We had popcorn and juice and about 50 people between two companionships. It was sad, but we had less active and a promising investigator come. So it wasn't a total waste. And I was able to understand much more of the language. It's getting better!

On Sunday we had the Primary Program. That's my third one this year! It's much better when it's in Spanish though, but also sad that these kids know bigger words than me. After church, I had to take a bus up to Trujillo. And then, on my P-day, had to fly to Lima, get my carnet thing that lets me live here, and then fly back. We spent the night with the AP's and woke up at 5 to get a plane at 9am to Lima, then wait 5 hrs to get the thing. By 2pm we ate chicken, and by 4 we were at the airport. And our flight was a 9pm. But! we met a kid from Trujillo going on his mission, can you guess where. He was flying to The CCM in Brasil for his mission in Manaus! His name is Elder Chen, and he is awesome, we spent from 4 to 9 together. This is more for dad, in the airport, there was a flight right before us going to Iquitos. And there was a white women wearing dad's sandals!!! With the toe thing, Chacos, whatever they are. It was too funny, the crowd in the Lima airport is weird, mostly the white people. There was a guy asleep in the middle of the hallway. But I'm Peruvian now.

So now I'm here, in the mission office emailing. I'm on the computer of the secretary in charge of lots of secret stuff, so I can't put in my USB. But next week I will send them! Love you all, HLJ HazLoJusto! Miss you all, see you on Christmas, maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment