Monday, February 15, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day

 It was a weird Sunday in the ward. In Elders Quorum they had everyone stand up and give hugs to all the dudes. Their kinda unique. But it's been very different with a new companion. I'm the only one that knows the people and the area and still, I'm not that smart. It's been a new challenge, and I'm getting through it. One weird thing now that I'm out of training is proselyting at 11am after language study. And people really don't like being woken up from their naps at that hour. We went to contact a reference and I knock on the door and this women runs out and screams at me saying, "What are you doing knocking so loud!? You're going to wake up the people? What do you want this early in the morning?!"

And I though about how I could say we have a message that will make you happy without sounding sarcastic. She said we shouldn't come back. I love these people! 

We went to visit a member family and her nephew was there with his huge nerf gun. But is wasn't working. So we being smart teenagers took apart a spring weapon and maybe lost a couple pieces. Then the little boy proceeded to cry a lot. There is a lot more learning I need to be able to deal with that. But I'm not trying to learn from these people down here. We were teaching a family yesterday. The kids were outside playing and we were teaching. Then in the middle of the lesson, the 6-year-old ran in to the 4-year-old and said he was saying bad words. The grandma took him by the arm and he was screaming, "Please no! Please no!" and we heard a lot more screaming and beating coming from the back. 

Anyway, I'm learning a lot. Have fun at home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment