Monday, July 18, 2016

The City of Eternal Spring

 The nickname of Trujillo is a big lie. It's super cold in the morning. I don't know who told me not to bring a sweater, but that's a terrible idea. Luckily everyone leaves their clothes in the mission and now I have a couple. But at about 10am when we leave the room, the sun comes out, and cooks us alive. Then at about 6pm the sun goes away and the cold winds take over. I think I'm lacking a thick layer of something to keep me warm.

  This week we were crazy busy. We have a couple of investigators. One is an 80-year-old women, who lives with her 43-year-old son. He drinks a lot. His mom is always very worried. He travels all the time to sell toys in market; that's his living. But he always wastes all his money on booze. It's a real problem here. Wednesday we passed by and talked about The Book of Mormon and invited them to a baptism in another ward. So we planned to come by and pick them up the next day. When we got there we found her read the first chapter of Nephi, crying. She told me in the taxi that his parents were such good people and the story is so touching. It's so incredible how one book can touch the lives of so many. 

Hope everything goes well in the week. Love you all and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment