Monday, May 1, 2017

Back to Chimbote

 Well, in Chimbote there are three stakes, I'm right next door to my old stake. And I'm literally right next to my old area. The guy that gives us drinking water is from my old ward. President is just doing this to mess with me... It was a very sad farewell from my old ward. I was only there for five months, but it was great. I have a lot of hair on my head. Nobody was available to cut my hair, or maybe they were scared. So I am slowly growing my curls, thanks mom! 

  We found a ton of new people just knocking on doors. There was a bunch of people that said they would go to church too, then I remembered I was in Chimbote when nobody came. The people here are receptive, but slow to fulfill a commitment. But we found some solid people. The members here are great and willing to help. When I started the mission, I also opened an area, so it takes me back to the good old days with my Mexican companion. My new companion is from a very dangerous part of Lima called San Juan de Lurigancho, they sometimes say Luriwashington and I don't know why, maybe to make fun of me. It's been a ton of fun and I am very excited!

Work hard and be good people. 




No comments:

Post a Comment