Monday, November 23, 2015

El Campo

 I finished the CCM. They need to make that place worse to actually prepare you for the field. My flight from Lima to Trujillo was at 7:30am so naturally we had to be awake at 3:30. It was only a 45 minute flight. It is the tiniest airport I have ever seen. There was a big welcome wagon and then we got to go see the temple. Hermana Rios posted the pictures on the Blog. We then got to a chapel in Trujillo and had breakfast and talked about what to expect. Lunch was at the mission home and then after more talking we got our companions. 

Mine is from Mexico city and his name is Elder Rivera. He has been out for 11 months and his first son is my companion's  trainer. We chatted a bit, said bye and then got on a bus to our mission. My zone is Chimbote south in a area called San Luis. We met the Zone Leaders and they took us to our home. It's in the middle of the city and we live with two other elders and our pensionista's family. So there's four of us in the building and four people downstairs. There use to be only two missionaries, but they just split it in half, because it's huge! You don't have enough time to walk across the whole thing. But the most surprising thing is there is no water. We have to fill up a bucket every morning from a truck on the street, at about 6 to be able to shower that morning. But it's too fun! It's all so new! We've been running around teaching all we can and getting to know members. There are a lot of really nice people here, funny, kind, and helpful. We took a sister out with her two little kids to teach her friend. Too fun here. My Spanish has probably tripled from the time I left school. It's challenging but everyone has been so nice here. The Zone is great, everyone is fun and able to share great exp and ideas. Love it down here. Miss you all so much, wish I could help clean up from the storm. I'll take care of it when I get back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment