Monday, November 30, 2015

Week Two

 It's too hot! I just sweat from shower until bed! It's the worst. But I hope to adjust. Elder Uceda of the seventy came to speak to the missionaries of about 4 Zones. And he is awesome; he spent an hour talking about one sentence in D&C! He is so cool! And of 5 people, I was selected to have a personal interview with him! He asked about home and how I'm doing and then told me he sees a lot of potential in me. He said I'll grow as a leader and most of all in spirituality. Then he gave me a hug. He is too cool! Then later in the week, an appointment fell through and while walking away, an obviously drunk man called to us while standing at his door. We went over and started talking about Mormons. But he wanted to talk about the trinity. He however did not want to hear from my Mexican companion because he said Americans are more pure. So I told him that God is our Heavenly Father and Jesus is his son. But he didn't believe me, so we pulled out the Bible to Acts 7 and explained about Stephen and he then said he wants my Bible so he can read it. He said he is very lost and needs to find the truth. So my Comp made me give him my Bible from the CCM! And he said he will see us and church and didn't come. And now I'm out a Bible! I found out from a secretary to the President that my first comp got a stomach bug and had to go to the hospital. I haven't had any problems yet, but everyone says it happens. The other thing about this city is the danger. We were walking on the street and I got clotheslined in the face. I'm too tall. But it's been fun! Miss you all! 




No comments:

Post a Comment