Friday, May 27, 2016

Temple Trip

 Well we just got out of the temple! It was awesome. I wish we could go all the time. All I have to do is get in a taxi for two soles and I'm at the temple. It is so close! I love it so much. There are two senior missionary couples that work there. I want to do that at some point in my life. 

I love my area and all the people. It just keeps getting better. I can't believe it's almost been three weeks. We get a lot of support from the members. There are about 10 returned missionaries that still haven't gotten married which is good for us, but sad for them. That means all of you need to go help the missionaries. Tell them where all you friends live. 

We taught a crazy lesson. There is a couple that aren't married, but are living together. He is a member, but she isn't. She goes to church but can't get baptized till they get married. But she didn't want to tell him that. She wants him to ask her. So we went with Adolfo, the Blind High Priest group leader, and taught the guy for the first time. We straight up asked if he wants the blessings of the temple and of eternal marriage, he sat there and said, Of course. Then he just opened up and said he wants to get married and they're setting plans. Adolfo is the key into anyone's house. He knows everyone! 

The other crazy lesson was with a 90-year-old man, he is part blind and can't hear. His granddaughter is 40 and less active and told us he hasn't bathed in weeks. So being a helpful missionary, told him to bathe himself and go to the doctor and get his ears checked. He then yelled a lot of words I didn't understand. Everyone was laughing and then he asked my companion's name for the seventh time and forgot everything... I did my best! 

Anyway, love it down here! It's a little crazy sometimes, but what are you going to do. I saw a car crash into a pile of sand in the street last night.


Love you all, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment