Monday, May 16, 2016

Trujillo

 I made it up here. I'm in the Palermo Stake. It is the most north stake of the mission. My area is so north, my church is in the other mission. We have the North mission on three sides of us! It is so crazy. There are two wards that meet in the chapel from different stakes. So I met the Hermanas that serve there. We are two Elders surrounded by hermanas. The area is so nice and kind of clean; it is almost like a city in the poor part of the States I think. 

Our pensionista, bishop, and a few members live on this street called Putumayo. We tell everyone we go teaching there and they kept saying no don't go, there is a lot of danger over there. So we were eating one day and this random guy walks in and we start chatting getting to know each other and then he leaves. My companion tells me he is one of the three main drug dealers in the area. The other one is a woman and the other is named Chuvi, but it's pronounced Chubby. I told him it means gordito, so whenever I see him that's what I call him. There is a lot of respect for the missionaries here. They don't do anything. 

But I love it up here! Everything is better. The pensionista's name is Charo and she makes the best food! And if I don't eat it all, she doesn't even cry! I love her! It is going to be a really good change foodwise. Also my companion is the BEST! His name is Elder Torres and he is from Chiclayo, two hours north of here. He is so cool and funny. We have so much fun together. 

Every Sunday we get to go proselyting with the High Priest group leader. He has been blind for 35 years, and a member for 21 years. It was the most interesting time proselyting with him. He speaks with so much conviction. We taught a woman and invited her to baptism, then I invited him to share his testimony and it was so incredible! He is cool! The Book of Mormon in Braille is 7 3-inch binders. He has so many scriptures memorized. He is my new best friend.

Anyway. I love it up here, it has been the best week of my mission. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment