Monday, November 21, 2016

Tacos

 Well we had a very crazy week. When I was in Chimbote I lived with a certain Elder Ralston from Idaho Falls. He called me on Saturday while I was on a work visit and said he was in my area. We went and chatted and he accompanied us on a visit. The lesson was very powerful. It was great to hear him testify in Spanish after having two months in his house. He really helped me a lot to get to the point where I am at. He said he'll save me a room in BYU-I when I come back. His Grandma gave me two tootsie rolls. It is impossible to explain the joy I felt at that moment. It was like in the move Meet the Mormons when that guy gives two pieces of gum out. I was the kid that got the wrapper. She said the chocolate here sucks, I've gotten used to it. I don't even know what good is.

  I'm on a work visit right now with my Zone Leader. He is the second Mexican in the mission, the first is my trainer. They both finish in two weeks. I coordinated a lunch today to eat tacos for the last time and got an apron. #CHOLOSOY (a cholo is slang for a Peruvian) It has been a great day to learn from someone with 23 months. Love the mission!




No comments:

Post a Comment