Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Temple Trip

 Well, it's almost certain now that this was my 5th and last time going to the temple. I'll send pics next week, or maybe Presidente will put up the selfie I took. They made us get up at 4am to get on a bus and by 8:30am we were in Trujillo at the temple. Presidente came to accompany us and asked why they made us travel so early, it was worth it. I found gringos there installing some tech thing. One said he would have loved to have gone to a Spanish-speaking mission now, but he went to Connecticut. Maybe I can do what he is doing.

  Well I had a good and bad moment this week. Bad first. We have a family of older people, and they were ready for baptism this week, then his daughter in Australia said if he joins a church and pays a tithing, she'll stop sending pills they need and money so they can live. That's a problem. He receives 450 sols a month for the three of them. That's almost nothing. So lots of prayers for Familia de la Flor.

  The good one is that I finished reading Jesus the Christ. It was fantastic, I was actually sad to finish because now I don't have something to do when I am about to go to bed. But I would recommend the book to those who have not read it. 

  Love you all. Have a great week and enjoy summer while it's winter down here.

No comments:

Post a Comment