Monday, July 10, 2017

Ward Lunch

 So there is a few members from my ward that now live in the states, and the bishop asked me, "Is it true that you eat in the church with the whole ward?"

So then I explained what I have done before in the ward, and he liked it a lot, so we did it. I was assigned to collect the garbage. It was a ton of fun. There is nothing better to help the investigators feel part of the family then eating as a family.


  BUT! My pensionista said there was a certain member that said, on facebook, it's a sin to work so hard to cook and bring lunch to the church on a Sunday. So the old stake president and the current on respectfully said like this,  "Thanks for your comment, but I have lived here in the States for over a year, and this is an activity they do every other month." Then my pensionista said, "I think we should respect the ideas of our leaders, because they are the ones that receive revelation."
There was another 10 comments directed at this member. My pensionista was a little furious. 


I learned: Facebook is dumb! 

Love you all, have a great week and do good!




No comments:

Post a Comment